November 8, 2010
Empires 2.29 Changes
- Research time for Mediums reduced by 60 seconds.
- Research time for Heavies increased by 90 seconds.
- Base cost of Heavies increased.
- Base cost of Mediums decreased.
- Base cost of Artillery decreased.
- Max weight of Artillery increased (+50).
- All vehicle weapon costs halved.
- Salvo Homing Launcher is now a 3 slot weapon. Reload time changed from 10 s to 6 s.
- CV armor heat to target 0.14 -> 0.05.
- Tracking systems (precursor to Salvo and Homing) research time/cost increased from 60/60 to 120/400 respectively.
- Materials using parallax occlusion mapping.
- Custom vbsp.exe that is replacement for source2007/vbsp.exe for mappers that want to compile maps using LightmappedParallax.
- Reverted RPG speed to 1200.
- Updated particles.
- Added geometry to last flag, added back pathway from 2nd flag once BE caps.
- Added pathway for BE at new tunnel on first flag.
- Raised skybox so you can fire mortar upward in most sections of the map.
- Added doors to the canal/tunnel on 4th flag that are opened when you build the bridges.
- Reenabled level 3 turrets.
- Brenodi starts with 1 million resources.
- Disabled bleed.
- Enabled sudden death with no revive after 45 minutes.
- Moved capture points to make defense at the back viable strategy.
- Changed tickets to 150.
- Shallowed water.
- Fixed tree translucency.
- New textures and new water included.
- Flattened areas outside of main bases so barracks can fit.
- Moved 1 of the center refineries.
- Refineries start as built.
- Default values for cvars in server.cfg.
- Changed mortar reload animation rate from 27 FPS to 40 FPS.
- Can holster mortar at any time.
- Draw crosshair as red even hiding.
- Changed Brenodi chat color to closer to purple.
- Mortar shells don't collide with teammates.
- Disable revive and squad revive on non-commander maps when sudden death starts.
- Don't show scoreboard after game ends.
- Changed commander name color to show health of most damaged armor side and vehicle body.
- Removed stamina penalty for shooting scout rifle.
- Changed scout rifle clip size from 5 to 10.
- Reduced mortar reload speed significantly(almost half time).
- Simplified parallax shader to avoid BSOD caused by fault in graphics card driver.
- Enemy commander hearing about vehicle construction.
- Fixed incorrect player collision mask used on ladder.
- Prediction bug causing non-smooth movement in spectator mode.
- Don't show "Spawn blocked" when another player stands on spawn point.