Empires Mod 2.33.1 Released!
We’re happy to announce version 2.33.1 is live on Steam.
Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/EXwY2X7
- Implemented a system that checks which player body parts are blocked by other objects before applying explosion damage.
- Explosion damage and Bio DoT now scales based on the mass of the objects blocking each body part. (Bio Dot is only changed for explosions, Bio MG is unaffected)
- Each body part is checked separately and scales the damage for that part depending on the blocking object’s mass.
- This uses the same mass checking system as was previously in the game, only that now each part is checked and scaled separately. Previously there was a single check done using the detection raycast that detected the player being visible to the explosion.
- For reference the system scales the damage based on objects of 0-350 kg mass. (350+ kg objects will block all of the damage.Player mass is 85kg, turrets are 280kg. This is here just to provide an example.)
- Note - Body parts are an approximation based on player bounding box size and therefore may not line up exactly where the model’s geometry is. (Example below)
|Body part||Maximum damage percentage loss|
|Standing body parts||Crouching body parts||Proning body parts|
- Updated the Source Engine SDK Base files to the latest version.
- Identified and resolved an issue causing Half-Life 2: Lost Coast content to be missing in the server packages. (Both Windows/Linux)
Maps / Level design
Minor update to emp_canyon
- Fixed Cubemaps not being built when the map was last published.
- All player/vehicle clip brushes have been remade, increasing accuracy in order to prevent players from using exploits to reach the top of the hills.
- B4 hill is now player/vehicle clipped and has restrictions in place for placing buildings.
- Standardized core entity names to match other official maps.
- Fixed the env_sun entity not displaying because of bad entity settings.
Minor update to emp_coast
- Remade all clip brushes/comm/engy restrict brushes
- Fixed various exploit spots
- Standardized core entity names with other official maps.
Minor update to emp_mvalley
- Added player/vehicle/comm building clips to the high ground again. After hearing feedback from a lot of players, the majority of people suggested that they preferred the gameplay without high ground being accessible.
Script changes are visible via the empires_scripts repo on our Gitlab. Please follow the link if you would like to check exactly how the script values have changed.
- Both shotguns now have a FalloffEnd value of 7500, they were previously mismatched. (Previously BE was 5000, NF was 10000; This was unintentional.)
- Reduced BE AFV Max Weight by 10
- Reduced NF Light Tank Max Weight by 10
- Fixed a few issues with vehicle chassis armor angle values being slightly wrong. (Used for determining which armor side took damage)
- NF Jeep armor angle values were for the old model, these have been updated to reflect the geometry of the new model.
- Both command vehicles had non-symmetrical armor angles for the back of the vehicle. Only by a few degrees, however both have been updated to resolve this.
- APC Engines’ cooling has been reduced by 1.
- Heavy Tank Engines’ cooling has been increased by 1.
- Removed researchable Artillery Engines as they served little purpose, standard engine has been adjusted to fit its new purpose and to be more fragile (with penalties).
- Stalling Penalties have been changed to be less impactful for armor hits and more impactful for some hull hits and generally reduced stall on heat threshold penalties.
- Horsepower Health Penalty has been increased slightly.
- Bio Diesel has been tweaked so it’s no longer “unstoppable”.
- Removed High-Explosive Heavy Machine Gun
- Artillery weapons have been slightly rebalanced.
- The trajectory of artillery projectiles have been adjusted.
- Weight, Damage, cycle time and heat have also been adjusted.